This will be the Biographical look at a former Disco Baby and Fashion Model from the late 1970's to early 1980's...to the present, hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have...







Friday, August 26, 2011

MY FELLOW AMERICAN


After watching this very thought provoking clip, I must say it raises questions I would rather not comment on, alas, here goes.  Having lived through 9/11 and seeing the destruction of the World Trade Centre, the question was raised will Muslim Americans be the center of hate crimes due to 9/11?  Surprisingly enough there was no spike in crimes against Arab/Muslims in New York City.  I have the opening Sura al Hamd tattooed on my arm, and remember having my sister tell me, you better cover your arm and don’t let people see that or they will beat you down.  Needless to say I did not cover my arm and was never beat down.  Prior to 9/11 Muslim would perform salat for Juma on Fridays in small groups all over Manhattan including right around the corner from the World Trade Center, after 9/11 they were still performing salat on Fridays not far from Ground Zero, when I saw that, I said to myself, I truly LOVE NYC.
I particularly loved the juxtaposition of the very racist comments and the images of Muslim Americans working in all facets here in America, all the way from Cab drivers to Doctor.  The rhetoric spewed from the narrator, reminded me of the hateful words thrown out at the rally for the Islamic Cultural Centre near Ground Zero last year.  New Yorkers I asserted, needed to realize not only was there a Mosque “near” Ground Zero but there was an actual Mosque “in” the World Trade Center, I cannot remember but believes it was on the 78 floor.  So to be up in arms against this seemed pointless, all of that has calmed down now and now I am readying myself for the tenth anniversary of the Attack on The World Trade Centre on September 11, 2011.
My dearest readers, I need your comments here on the Blog on this very Hot Topic, whether you are for it or against it, your thoughts please…

No comments:

Post a Comment