This will be the Biographical look at a former Disco Baby and Fashion Model from the late 1970's to early 1980's...to the present, hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have...







Tuesday, September 20, 2011

BURBERRY PRORSUM S/S 2012



With London Fashion Week closing today, I wanted to bring you my Fave,Burberry Prorsum. I LOVE Vivienne Westwood and House of Holland, Mulberry, Erdem, and Mary Katranzou. But I live for the Burberry Show, every year they sport the longest runway in London, I just love a long runway, and the soundtrack for their show is always AWESOME! Yesterday they opened their show with Nina Simone singing You Put A Spell On Me, then Ever Lasting Love by U2 and ended their show with George Harrison’s My Sweet Lord.


This season Burberry showed a most feminine ready-to-wear collection for the ladies, it was refreshing from the Motorcycle Chic of last year. I particularly like the light weight *Parka’s*. Texture and color also played a major role this time around, both echoing a tribal vibe. Expect raffia and basket-weave-inspired knits to replace Fall 2011's fur fest, accompanied by a rich palette of dark peacock, hawthorne red, turmeric yellow, beetroot, and indigo green. And while the Classic Check made its usual appearance, with a colorful twist, the prints of the day were stripes, which graced raffia caps, form-fitting pencil skirts, and parkas in a way that would make Missoni envious, and a leafy, geometric print that was splashed across dresses with cheeky cutout bodices.

It was like Burberry went on Safari.



No comments:

Post a Comment