This will be the Biographical look at a former Disco Baby and Fashion Model from the late 1970's to early 1980's...to the present, hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have...







Thursday, September 15, 2011

OSCAR DE LA RENTA

 Mr. De la Renta whom I have dubbed America’s couturier, Mr. De la Renta this season at New York Fashion Week left his East Side Park Avenue digs opting for an industrial space on West 42nd Street, with a runway that would put any French runway to shame, well maybe not to shame, but I have always maintained that Paris runways are in fact the longest.


The star studded show played host to Justin Timberlake who chatted with Anna Wintour, Ashley Olsen, Valentino, and embarrassingly Nicki Minaj in a get up more Betsey Johnson than Oscar de la Renta, but then again that would not be fair to Betsey.

Below are my faves from the collection, the whole collection I absolutely loved, but give me a Ball Gown and I am in heaven. De la Renta’s day looks were very Coco Chanel





2 comments:

  1. William Hamilton~
    Oscar is the Master! How he delivers each season with the same passion of previous collections is beyond comprehension, he keeps it fresh & new every single season, leaving women everywhere wanting more! More Oscar that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does indeed, thank you Mark.

    ReplyDelete