This will be the Biographical look at a former Disco Baby and Fashion Model from the late 1970's to early 1980's...to the present, hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have...







Thursday, June 2, 2011

THE MURSE (man purse)

A long time staple in men’s fashion in Europe for decades, it is just now hitting the United States; with how can one put it, little fanfare. Men here in the states believe it emasculate them, men in America have so many hang-ups.


While living in Paris I had a Murse and wore scarves year round, like most men in Europe, came home with these traditions and was looked at like I had grown horns on my head or something.

The Murse is not for all men, obviously, but what we have to carry these days, a smart bag would help! I carry a messenger bag that I use as a Murse, putting everything in it, cell phone, business cards, wallet, pens, my steno pad…etc. It is very practical to have a Murse, now Chanel’s Murses are a little effeminate but there are Murses that are most masculine.

It takes a confident man to carry a Murse, he must be confident in his manliness, his sexuality…etc

3 comments:

  1. This for a man? Better suited for a female... I am sure there are other "bags" suited for men, but this one is too feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...and yes there are bags suited for men...this was the best picture I could find...and Chanel showed murses in their Fall/Winter show this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT BAG!!!!! I TOO CARRY A MESSAGER BAGS..... I THINK IT IS SUITABLE 4 BOTH MALE AND FEMALE..... XOXO,M

    ReplyDelete